Age, coffee, tobacco, and genetic factors can all contribute to tooth coloring. You don’t have to live with stained teeth though. Dentist assisted at home teeth whitening in Portland is a cost effective way to achieve a whiter smile in the comfort of your own home. At Laurelwood Dental we can help you get started with a perfectly fitting tooth whitening kit designed for you.
At Home Teeth Whitening
Our office can provide you with a home teeth whitening system that can get your teeth many shades whiter! The active ingredient is carbamide peroxide which comes in different concentrations (17% and 22%).
- Your dentist will help you determine which strength will best suit your needs. Peroxide containing whiteners typically come in a gel and are placed in custom fit trays that fit over your teeth.
- The trays are worn for one hour each day until the desired color of teeth is achieved; 10-14 days is the typical time needed.
- The whitening process will continue to work until your desired tooth color is met.
The At Home Teeth Whitening Process:
- First, your dentist will examine your teeth and gums to make sure they are healthy and determine if you are a good candidate for home whitening.
- Fillings and crowns will not change color with whitening but can be replaced after whitening but can be replaced after whitening to match, if desired.
- Then, a dental assistant will take an alginate impression of both your upper and lower teeth.
- We will schedule another appointment for you in a few days to pick up your whitening kit.
- During that 2nd appointment, an assistant will take a current shade of your teeth and make sure the whitening trays fit properly, while giving you verbal instructions for home whitening.
- You will leave the office with a home whitening kit, along with written instructions, and your impression models if you so desire.
- At home, you begin the whitening process and may call our office with any questions or concerns.
Contact Us Today For At Home Teeth Whitening!
More Dental Procedures
Bridges | Fillings | Crowns